A life-long resident of Litchfield County, Connecticut, I have twenty six years of experience in assisting families through difficult and complex restructuring, both in family court and probate court. I protect the rights of children in family cases as a Guardian ad Litem, and urge my clients to put the needs of their children in the forefront of any divorce negotiations or litigation.
Community Service. I believe strongly in committing many hours each month to representing those who are less fortunate and unable to afford an experienced attorney on their own. I have accepted court appointments and private referrals to represent children, disabled veterans, and both male and female victims of domestic abuse in area courts. I am also a volunteer lecturer through the area Adult and Continuing Education program, and a volunteer mediator for the Children’s Law Center of Connecticut.
Professional Organizations. I am a member in good standing in the following groups:
- Connecticut Bar Association;
- Litchfield County Bar Association –
- Vice President and Vice Chair of Family Law Section;
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators;
- Litchfield County Collaborative Divorce Group;
- The Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford
Juris Doctor (1987)
- Trintiy College, Hartford
B.A. History (1984)
- Northwestern Regional High School, Winsted
2016- present- New Hartford Inland Wetlands Commission
2000-2002 – Torrington Zoning Board of Appeals Commissioner
1999-2002 – St Francis of Assisi School, Torrington
- Volunteer Latin Teacher
- Member, Board of Education
1991-1996 – United Way of Northwest Connecticut
- Board of Directors: President
- Annual Campaign: Co-Chair
- Annual Campaign: Chairman, Professional Division